564 Rose Avenue, Venice California

The Golden State is a lifestyle store and gallery featuring California brands from fashion to furniture and art that reflect the way we live. info@thegoldenstatestore.com

golden state featured brands

88 orange, ash francomb, bennett malibu, cali dreaming, calleen cordero, clare vivier, earl reid, esther pottery, fahmina, faye castillo, feed handcrafts, kerry cassill, limeade california, luna garcia, maurice connolly, not neutral, rebecca norman, roost, rough linen, surfmonk, salt swimwear, tigerlily



Friday, March 19, 2010

My Golden State: Part 1



Before I re-open TGS, I've set aside some time for an important residential project...my own backyard! I opened Poolside(my first store) 3 years ago when I was 3 months pregnant and have been too busy transforming other peoples outdoor spaces to dig into my own.
I started exactly the way I would for clients...sat down and listened. It may sound crazy but it's so helpful to sit quietly in a space and really get a feel for what is needed there. The trees and the birds and the plants(and the kids and dogs) have their own symmetry...whatever I bring in has to work with that.
My deadline is Spring Break....just a week away. Good thing I work fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment