564 Rose Avenue, Venice California

The Golden State is a lifestyle store and gallery featuring California brands from fashion to furniture and art that reflect the way we live. info@thegoldenstatestore.com

golden state featured brands

88 orange, ash francomb, bennett malibu, cali dreaming, calleen cordero, clare vivier, earl reid, esther pottery, fahmina, faye castillo, feed handcrafts, kerry cassill, limeade california, luna garcia, maurice connolly, not neutral, rebecca norman, roost, rough linen, surfmonk, salt swimwear, tigerlily



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Golden State, part 3


I officially fired the gardener...no more mow and blow for me. I added a big bag of fescue and let the lawn get thick and full. I like the new grassy, overgrown lawn that I just hand water every couple of days. Leaves and cuttings now get composted, not tossed into the green bin.  With the new store opening in the next couple of weeks I was motivated to get a good system going.  
easy, comfortable seating, like the rope/iron bar chairs I designed exclusively for TGS
our newly cushioned custom built-in sofa
with Grandma and Grandpa's restored patio table

and newly freshened succulents and vegetables our little Mar Vista patio is ready for friends, family and summer fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment